Hello dear friends. Thanks for visiting my website. I'm a writer and musician living in Winnipeg, Canada. My current project is running The Strong Badger Coffeehouse, a small coffee shop and arts-space in Winnipeg's West End. In my spare time I write primarily fiction - often novella-length stuff. I'm also a bassist, holding down the low end on both double bass and bass guitar.
My writing has appeared in SubTerrain Magazine, and most recently in The Shadow Over Portage and Main, an anthology of Winnipeg-inspired horror fiction.
You can email me at email@example.com, or find me on Facebook. Don't forget to add yourself to the mailing list to receive occasional updates about my activities and projects!
Here are a few of the things that occupy special places on my bookshelf. Follow the links for video reviews!
- Haruki Murakami - Most of his stuff is excellent. My faves, in order:
- The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle - My first Murakami.
- South of the Border, West of the Sun
- Kurt Vonnegut
- Breakfast of Champions
- Cat's Cradle
- Mother Night
- Orhan Pamuk
- My Name is Red
- Vladimir Nabokov
- Lolita - A typical pick, but his use of language kills me every time. I needed a dictionary to get through the first chapter.
- Invitation to a Beheading
- B.S. Johnson
- Margaret Atwood
- Warren Ellis & Darick Robertson
- Transmetropolitan - Collected in 10 TP volumes, this is hands down my favourite graphic novel series. So many awesome things going on.
- F. Scott Fitzgerald